Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Frozen bug...

I have been thinking (and in this cold that in itself is a miracle for i am sure that i suffer from brain-freeze without even having the joy of eating an ice-cream) if i had to be a real bug, i probably would have been a "sonbesie". Happy and noisy in the heat of summer but virtually absent in the cold of a Free State winter.

I like winter, but only when i can snuggle up warmly in front of a warm fire with a good cup of coffee and the company of a good book or good friends. However, in the absence of these vital elements, i tend to fall silent. It is as if my tongue is frozen and i cannot speak or think properly. Oh how i wish i was a cat (or even the tick on a cat) who had the time to go and find the warmest spot in the house and curl up in the sun without a care in the world!

Even my body seem to be on a go-slow in winter: my blood pressure is at a constant low and my joints and muscles aching - as if i were double my age.

It is in winter however, that i reflect more than any other time in the year on life and love and the God of both. It is in this time that i am reminded of how dependent i am on God for my every breath. It is now that i need to look beyond myself and the world around me to find reason for hope and joy. Without fail it is in these times that my relationship with God deepens and my hope and joy springs eternally. It is in darkness that i see the light for what it is!

And so, with my toes ten blocks of solid ice and my joints sore and stiff, i can say with John Wesley "i felt my heart strangely warm". I rejoice in Christ my Saviour for the warmth of his embrace is enough to melt through the iciest day!

my His love warm your heart today!

1 comment:

Mev Dominee said...

Hi there

Welcome to the blog world. May you have lots and lots of posts under God's supervision.

love you