Thursday, December 11, 2008

Corrected by my son!

Last night around suppertime my seven-year-old son and i were having a conversation about the importance of money. He is learning the painful lesson that all things cost money and that some people have no money and therefore no food, no toys ect.

After supper Jaco asked: "what is the most important things for people to have?" thinking in the line of economy i answered " food and shelter". It was at this moment that i was put in my place by my seven-year-old son when he looked at me and said: "no mom, God and love"

3 comments:

Gus said...

I wish we remembered and held some of the values we had as children.

That's powerful stuff.

Eliza D Hunter said...

Wow!!!

My little skelmpie is such a wise little dood. I love him mostestest :)

But its true, we as adults worry to much of worldly things, but at the same we are living in this world, and the worldly things make it easier to live, it's a catch 22 situation.

So maybe we should take the saying "less is more" into consideration.

Less of the world, and more of God!!!

Thank you for sharing with us!

Princess said...

:) its amazing how children can see past all the stuff we place as important... guess Jesus knew all that when he said let the children come to me; such as these belong in the kingdom of Heaven...