Thursday, October 23, 2008

pressing on

Those who know me well will know the journey that I have been on; know my struggle with a "superwoman" complex; know that I am a recovering-control-freak (with lost of recovery that still needs to take place); know something of my over-active sense of responsibility; know my fear of disappointing; my fear of the unknown... you might also know that about two weeks ago I resigned from my position as Youth Pastor in the Uitenhage Methodist Church.

So...

I am on a new journey, leaving behind me many things that I have taken for granted for a very long time, stretching out into the uncertain future, but towards integrity... and wholeness. How i wish that i could declare as boldly as Paul: "Ek maak my los van wat agter is en strek my uit na wat voor is..." but truth be told, it is with shaky steps that i loosen my grip as superwoman to make room for ... just me. And yet, unsteady as i am in these new but strangly familiar shoes I know that nothing can seperate my from His love!

1 comment:

Eliza D Hunter said...

Pressing On!
One step at a time, no more, no less. That is all you can do and that is all that is required and expected of you.

Yes, walking toward freedom in all its totality is a scary and a lonely path, you learn things you never knew about yourself, you see things and hear things that are not really what you want, but the truth causes a bit of irritaion to ones being, somewhat like growing pains, and that is all normal.

Regarding letting go of the past and moving forward, that is always a healthy thing, as you never want to get stuck at one place for the rest of your life - that is unhealthy to you and to others, the crux of this is that life dies with, when you don't see it with a new set of eyes.

Good luck with all your new adventures, I believe that you will become a richer and more fulfilled YOU, I am always here for you, and am proud of you, it has taken a while, but finally you can say that you are taking ownership of your life, and that is a great gift to oneself and those you share your life with.

Lv always,

C