Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"I will still be joyfull"

"Even though the fig-trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive-crop fails and the fields produce no corn, even though the sheep all die and the cattle-stalls are empty, I will still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my saviour.
The Sovereign Lord gives me strength. He makes me sure-footed as a deer, and keeps me safe of the mountains." Habakkuk 3:17-19

I have no idea when to start, perhaps I need to start with me going back to youth ministry, not by choice but out of a painful experience that brought me here:
i never thought, not in my wildest dreams that i would go back to youth ministry, but i have found this last month as a youth pastor to be a healing and stretching experience. i have had to learnt to say "i will still be joyful". In the last three months i have probably grown more than in any other time in my life and though the experience was painful, the Sovereign Lord has kept me sure-footed on this rugged mountain.

Last week, my best friend were told that the company she works for can no longer afford to employ her - i am amazed at her strength which i am sure is God's strength in her - 'still i will be glad'

This weekend a friend have lost all security and been through an incredibly difficult time, but it has been amazing to see christian love in action as her friends rallied around to help - 'still i will be glad'

On Friday, after having walked about in pain for more than a week, i went to the doctor. It turns out that, not having rested well after a recent opp, there is some internal bleeding and a resulting abscess. God supplied me with a doctor who decided to treat me with no cost as my new medical aid only kicks in from April - 'still i will be glad'

On Saturday my sister went for a run in Cape Town and was attacked with a large rock. This happened at a place where there was nobody to help her, but the Sovereign Lord gave her strength so that she would not fall and suffer a worse fate and sure-footed so that she managed to run to help. he supplied the help in the form of a group of cyclists who helped - "still i will be joyful and glad"

Today i learnt that a school friend, the only one i actually keep in touch with, will have to have his only kidney removed. He is in urgent need of a transplant - 'still i will be joyful and glad'


Yesterday i sat with a young girl who has been through much more in her short life than i have and her words to me was :"i don't always understand or even agree with what God does or allows, but He is God and I will always serve him, and him only".

3 comments:

Eliza D Hunter said...

Sho sho sho sho, God is good, he is great, he is our dad who makes everything right!!!!!!

All praise be to God, he is an awesome God and yes he reigns from heaven above, but he is right beside us, carrying us, in us!!!!

How can we deny such an unfailing love and grace!!!!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6 "

I LOVE THE FACT, that even when things are crap God still knows where we going and what we need to survive and live a full life, HE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Much love and blessings,

C

DoringRosie said...

its amazing how God trims us so that we could be what He wants us to be at the end of His season. Like every season in a year so do we have ours and therefor sometimes it's needed to loose a little, gain a little, burn a little and freez a little. lol
Jou blog was baie optimisties en so ietwat uitdagend en my 'n bietjie anders laat kyk na dinge.

My blog is hopelik nou op as jy dit wil lees.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.