Friday, May 8, 2009

ungrateful

Today i feel guilty for being so ungrateful. Over the last four weeks i have been going around with a "woe is me..." attitude simply because i have had a bit of a stressful time... How could i have been so ungrateful, so self-centered! Here i was, thinking that i am going through a particularly difficult time, when there are people around me, people i care about who is experiencing so much more pain, so much more fear, so much more...

Yesterday, i learned that my younger cousin (a beautiful, kind-hearted, inteligent, gifted, 22-year-old woman) was diagnosed with MS). This would be hard in any family, but with Anita...

Anita is the youngest of two girls, her older sister has downs-syndrome and has had a stroke when she was about 10 years old. She is now in a wheelchair, are wearing diapers and have the mental capability of a two-year-old. Nina's condition has put a tremendous amount of strain on the family. Anita, in her gentle way has always taken care of her older sister with so much love and devotion.

Pray with me for this family- for Anita, Nina and their parents.

As for me, i choose to count my blessings (after all, i am only a bit tired and stressed).

So today i give thanks for my amazing son; an opportunity to minister amongst amazing people; my friends and loved ones. Today i give thanks to for life!

3 comments:

DoringRosie said...

Is jy terug leta? Ek mis jou vriendin! Of is ek die een wat weg is.

ons almal is baie ondankbaar ek stem! Bid vir jou familie

Sunflower said...

Sjoe jy het my laat dink. Dankie dat jy dit deel. Sterkte vir jou en familie

bugs said...

Dankie Goggas