Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Jaco's new journey

I am so proud of Jaco today! This morning he started grade 2 in a new school, in a new town, under new circumstances, with his new uniform, in a new language medium - and he was sooooooo brave!

Jaco learned how to read and write in Afrikaans, this morning, he went to an English school. He was standing there in front of his new class, looking at all the strange faces - and he smiled... not a ecstatic smile, but a smile of determination, a smile that said "i will be ok".

I cannot wait to walk around the corner from my office to his school to go and fetch him from his first day of school.

I thank God for my amazing son who brightens my day and my heart.

2 comments:

DoringRosie said...

leta!
EK is so trots op jou seun!
Brawe kalant.
tuur vir hom liefde van Tannie miena, en verduidelik net aan hom wie ek is want jy weet hy verwar my altyd met son!

Verlang baie na jou.

En leta! hou op skaars wees!

bugs said...

Dankie Mien, gelukkig het ek n foto;-)